Director of Courseware and Content Innovation
Location : Charlottesville, VA
A trusted leader in CLASS-driven measurement and mentoring, our client has the proven expertise early childhood education providers and programs need to nurture better student outcomes, one classroom at a time. With decades of early childhood education research as a foundation, they offer products and programs that help organizations unlock the potential of great teachers, boost student outcomes, and create a culture of sustained excellence.
Founded in 2008, our client has worked with thousands of programs worldwide to improve the quality of educational experiences for learners across age levels, from infant childcare settings through secondary classrooms. By collaborating closely in and out of the classroom, they work with teachers, coaches, and administrators to embrace CLASS, not simply as a measurement of compliance, but as a meaningful, sustainable path toward positive student outcomes.
Company is looking to attract a Director of Courseware and Content Innovation to help achieve its goal of transforming the quality of classroom instruction. Our client is founded on the premise that how teachers engage and interact with their students is what matters. The widely respected CLASS (Classroom Assessment Scoring System) measure is the foundation for our work. The Director will lead the existing Content Innovation team and collaborate with stakeholders from across the company to create and deliver innovative in-person training, technology-supported and online content, engaging learning interactions, and effective assessments. This position will report to the Chief Impact Officer.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Manage the company’s Adult Education Strategy / Theory of Change
- Identify common pedagogical elements and design strategies to be used across all products and courses.
- Incorporate current best practices and anticipate research trends in designing and implementing learning experiences of all types (face to face, online, and blended).
- Develop creative instructional and assessment strategies and adapt process or technology solutions to meet new or evolving business needs.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to identify strategic challenges, recommend solutions, develop policy, and plan development.
Manage Content Development and Maintenance
- In collaboration with team members, improve upon, implement and maintain processes and formats for designing and developing courses and learning modules.
- Maintain a comprehensive development and production plan and timelines for all development/production projects and ensure efficiency.
- Create evaluation plans and establish metrics to quantify performance, assess customer satisfaction, and inform prioritization.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have experience managing and developing a diverse and effective team, be able to plan and delegate work effectively, communicate and monitor performance expectations and be able to manage collaboration of staff with internal teams.
Specifically, the individual has the following:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., Education, Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction).
- Five or more years of experience in managing, designing, developing and delivering modular learning activities, courses and assessments that apply instructional design principles and combine advanced techniques for course creation and delivery including authoring tools, techniques, and content management systems.
- Experience designing and delivering online as well as face-to-face learning modules.
- Experience managing development budgets.
- Understanding of current and evolving adult education pedagogy.
- Ability to work across many units within the organization and build strong, collaborative relationships.
- 3 or more years of experience in a people management role.
[pbutton button_text=”Apply Now!” button_url=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” button_target=”yes” button_icon=”fa fa-check”]