Senior Director of Channel Marketing
Online Graduate University
Location : Phoenix, AZ area
The Senior Director of Channel Marketing will work closely with the VP of Enrollment and the CMO and will be responsible for driving growth and revenue via the procurement of cost effective inquiries across all traditional and digital marketing channels including: Pay Per Lead affiliates, SEO, Pay Per Click, Display, email, as well as more traditional channels such as: direct mail and print. He/she leverages deep customer and market insights, compelling strategies, innovative thinking and effective execution. This position leads the institution’s efforts to generate quality inquiries that will convert into successful students and graduates. He/she works closely with the Finance team on both expense management and data analytics to model, analyze, and maximize ROI and to optimize overall performance. He/she keeps current on best practices in digital trends, website content/optimization, media buying, and is an expert in managing people and external agencies.
Our client is a premier online graduate university and a global leader in providing unprecedented access to U.S. regionally accredited higher education.
Founded in 1996, our client is one of the first graduate-oriented online universities in the United States. They are committed to excellence in serving students around the world. Through educating nearly 10,000 active students and over 5,000 alumni, the University provides the next generation of educators, practitioners and scholars with access to rich, engaging, professionally-relevant, and academically rigorous online programs.
Our client has educated professionals throughout the World and provides an accessible opportunity to earn a U.S. regionally accredited degree. They mentor students one-to-one with highly credentialed faculty via advanced delivery modalities. In addition, they commit to helping students achieve academically and become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
Further accountabilities include:
- 1. Create and oversees Channel Marketing Strategy
• Creates marketing strategies that integrate communications across multiple direct marketing channels, leveraging social networks, sophisticated digital marketing platforms, and traditional analog opportunities.
• Determines and manages all aspects of electronic lead volume to ensure the effective and optimized use of each lead from each electronic channel.
• Refines key performance metrics (e.g. CPI, CPA, CPS, inquiry-to-application conversion, application-to-start conversion, etc.) to measure the effectiveness of marketing channels and identify areas for improvement and trials.
• Reviews daily, monthly and quarterly performance reports to identify highly successful and underperforming channels/vendors and to forecast future performance and budget spend.
• Conducts routine assessments to identify and implement changes to the strategy and associated tactics to drive continuous improvement.
• Creates budgets and monitors spend to ensure alignment with strategic institutional goals.
• Continuously looks to develop new channels to complement or replace existing channels.
- 2. Establishes and Oversees 3rd Party Agency Relationships
• Establishes relationships with third-party agencies and vendors to evaluate fit of product/service, negotiate terms of contracts finalized through legal, set expectations, and establish a governance model to protect the interests of the institution.
• Monitors key performance indicator (KPI) results to ensure agencys’ performance aligns with expectations.
• Ensures the Marketing function works cohesively with agencies, Enrollment, and internal or external Qualify &Transfer teams to define and manage inquiry scoring and filtering.
- 3. Develops and Executes Website and Social Media Strategy
• Drives the vision, priority setting and continual development of the NCU.edu website and landing pages to increase site traffic and optimize inquiry generation.
• Integrate websites with SEO, paid SEM and social media strategies.
- 4. Leads and Develops Others
• Integrates external vendors and partners seamlessly into the Channel Management team to build a single, high performing team of internal and external resources.
• Manages resources and people processes (e.g. Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing) to ensure optimal performance.
• Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g. training, special assignments, conferences, projects) to facilitate individual and team development.
• Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
• Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
• Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
• Resolves individual and group performance issues in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
• Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should possess an entrepreneurial spirit with willingness to and passion for making a difference in the world. We seek motivated, enthusiastic, direct, honest, logical thinkers with abundant energy and desire for excellence and success.
Specifically, the individual has the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
• 8+ years of experience leading Marketing functions at a management level position in a distributed organization
• 8+ years of experience leading Marketing functions and 3rd party agencies at a management level position in the Post-Secondary industry.
• Strategic planning.
• Strong analytical, planning, forecasting, and budgeting/financial skills.
• Marketing agency and media placement leadership.
• Inquiry development and distribution oversight.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Possess marketing and customer service orientation.
• Ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving institutional goals.
• The ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
• Proven ability to lead a proactive marketing organization and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives.
• Strong knowledge of the lead acquisition industry, higher education industry experience preferred.
• Exceptional ability to synthesize results, extract insight, develop recommendations, and present findings to executive leadership.
• Self-motivated individual capable of driving team performance.
• Must have strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, have excellent project management and communication skills, and be able to collaborate, multi-task, and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment.